Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is Revealed

So, I just so happened to be flipping throught the channels the other night and came across Spike's VGA. I don't take the VGAs too seriously, but they are still fun to watch. Anyway, about the moment I turned to Spike's channel, Uncharted 3 was about to be revealed. Great! I'm a huge fan of both of the original Uncharted games and was excited to hear this. It has already been confirmed that it will support 3D, which is cool, but I don't really care as I don't have a 3D tv. Also, it was stated that the co-op aspect from Uncharted 2 will be "expanded". I hope this means that there will be a co-op option for the story, but if there isn't, I won't complain.

Already known, this game will take place in a desert region (see picture above) as opposed to the jungle or mountain regions from the first game. Its hard to say what characters will be back, except Drake (obviously) and Sully (confirmed in trailer). The title leads to believe that Drake may take on a bad guy role in this game, which will certainly be interesting, but I expect it to make the plot even better than the first two games.

Predictions. I have several prediction about this game, most of them good. First off, I think that because of Naughty Dog's close relationship to Sony, it will support Playstation Move as well as 3D. This may or may not work well, it's too early to tell. (Expect a review of Playstaion Move's functionality after Christmas). Also, I think that this game will be as good as the second installment. Naughty Dog and Insomniac games are very good companies when it comes to preserving the awe in their IPs. Take for example Ratchet and Clank, one of the longest lasting IPs to date that remains generally the same except for a few concepts put in and take out occasionally. The Uncharted series will most like follow suit and be one of the better games to come out next year. Its too hard to say whether or not the new concepts will be easily accepted by the gamers though. For example, backwards climbing mechanics and ability to engage multiple enemies at once. These could go either way in making the game better or worse. No matter what, expect to see a review soon after it comes out.