Monday, March 7, 2011

Crysis 2 Demo Impressions

So, I've spent the past few hours trying out the Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo. There isn't a ton offered in the demo, but I am pretty satisfied with the game. This demo shows how crisp and refined the game is on levels of gameplay and graphics. One of my biggest letdowns is the seeming similarity it has to Modern Warfare 2. Everything in it is quick and frantic, much like Modern Warfare 2. In Crysis 2 however, the Nano-suit offers some new dimensions to the game such as cloaking and shields. I will state right now that Crysis will require far more skill than Modern Warfare 2 or most FPSs for that matter. This skill sadly seems to revolve around one thing: the Nano-suit. Now, this is only the demo and I'm sure that the full game will offer much more in terms of upgrades and such, so I do greatly look forward to this purchase. If you like the quick pace in Modern Warfare 2,  you will love how Crysis 2 is executed.